Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter/Sunday or Spring!

Happy Easter to everyone that celebrates it and Happy Spring to everyone else!

We've had a lovely day with an egg hunt at our house for my kids and their little friends. And then a brunch/lunch for everyone. Lots of work, but good fun. This evening we had roast lamb for a special treat! Lamb is so expensive in Florida (maybe everywhere?!) but it's our fav meat, so we treat ourselves for special occasions. Put the kids to bed early because they were so tired from the excitement of the day... which has the benefit of more time free now for minis!!!

I realize it's been a while since I posted photos of the the McK's progress. It's really coming along now. Just got the attic to finish decorating now - I've done the floors, but still lots more to do.

This is the kitchen. I used craft Skinny Sticks for the wall paneling, and then molding with a skinny stick for the 'shelf' around the top of the paneling. I'm not sure if the wallpaper is the exact right color to match the table cloth, but it's close enough for now - I can always make a new table if I find more fabric. I've made a pleated skirt to go around the window seat. I still need to make a cushion of the seat and little throw cushions - I might do those tonight. And, of course, window treatments! (Opps, ignore the tub of spackle in the room above in the photo - I forgot to crop it.)

And I nearly forgot to show you a close up of my pride and joy (errr... after my kids!). My Reutter's sink! I just love it! It's the whole reason I did the kitchen in blue colors!

And this is the bathroom. Pretty plain looking, so I still need to jazz it up a bit. I'm thinking a 3 paneled privacy screen in the back corner for the lady of the house to change behind! The bathroom set is the Chrysbon plastic set - with acrylic paint to make it look less like plastic.


This is the living room. I changed my mind about the chairs, so now I have 1 arm chair and 1 sofa - I still might change my mind back to just 2 arm chairs. But for now this is how it will stay. They are both House of Miniatures kits that I got from eBay. I also finally got the window treatments up in the living room.

I've been making quite a few 'little' things for the dh as well - the umbrella stand in the living room, the side table/counter in the kitchen, the potted plant on the coffee table of the living room... I'm sure there's more I just can't think of them right now!


7 comments:

  1. The McKinley is looking great! If I didn't really hate assembling tab and slot kits, this would be one I'd have. I really like the layout and style. Yours is beautifully decorated. I can't wait to see the finished house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sasha, Your house is looking really good. I love all the little details - the plant, the naughty kitty...
    Oh, yes, lamb is expensive here too, only a special treat these days!
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I was wondering if I could put two photos of your pygmy palm (the original you took after the workshop, and one of these in a setting) on http://fluffybricks.blogspot.com?
    Linking back to your blog of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice house and lovely minis blog! I love how roomy and authentic your bathroom looks. I like the screen idea. I have one in my Victorian dollhouse bathroom, and it really does jazz it up. I'm so glad I found your blog today! :-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how nice you can make one of those budget dollhouse kits if you really work at it!

    budget wood dollhouse kit the McKinley by greenleaf

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to believe but when you look at the photos that is actually one of those thin-wood budget dollhouses. It really is amazing how great those budget houses can be when you spend the time on them!

    this is my budget wood mckinley dollhouse kit by grenleaf

    ReplyDelete